Uni (postgrad!) is now taking over my life. I do have sketches, I swears, but haven't scanned them in yet. In the meantime:
I love reading, so I just had to get onto this challenge that Renay started! I thought I'd post it here, rather than my largely friends-only personal LJ.
So! The rules:
-- Make a list of ten books you love.
-- Share the list with Renay (and whoever else is participating).
-- Read three books from other people's lists by November 30th. And write reviews!
The more books the better, so do join and recommend some good books. ^^
Ten books that I love
1) Les Miserables, Victor Hugo.
2) The God of Small Things, Arundhati Roy.
3) Rebecca, Daphne du Maurier.
4) Battle Royale [novel], Takami Koushun, translated by Oniki Yuji.
5) The "Gormenghast" Trilogy: Titus Groan, Gormenghast, Titus Alone, Mervyn Peake.
I'm probably cheating a bit by listing three! The first two books are my true recommendations; they flow onto one another and I've only read the first two in their entirety. I've listed Titus Alone for the sake of completeness, but since it is so tangential to the rest of the trilogy, I believe the first two can stand alone.
6) Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen.
7) The Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat, Oliver Sacks. [Non-fiction]
8) Flowers for Algernon, Daniel Keyes.
9) Fahrenheit 451, Ray Bradbury.
10) Cloudstreet, Tim Winton.
When I have more time, I hope to edit this post to include a short bit about each book.
The three (or more) books that I'm going to read: TBA.